BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Nov 28, 2013

Eminem as a Daddy

Eminem has always been  a really dedicated father, although the drug addictions and rehab stints give me pause.He and Hailie’s mom, Kim, have been married and divorced twice, and Kim has battled her own drug problems, resulting in Eminem gaining full custody of Hailie at some point.  In addition, he adopted Kim’s twin sister’s daughter, and he also adopted Kim’s daughter from a previous relationship.  Over the years he has referenced his daughters in a number of his songs, including “Hailie’s Song” which includes the lyrics “But when I see my baby "Suddenly I'm not crazy " It all makes sense when I look into her eyes.”  Just because he sings about his kids doesn’t make him a good dad, but he has made no secret of how dedicated he is to his girls.
In an interview with Anderson Cooper on “60 minutes"three years ago, Eminem noted that he does not allow swearing in his house.  During that interview, he said, “I feel like it's your job to parent  your kids.  If you're the parent, be a parent.  You know what I mean? I'm a parent. I have daughters.I mean how would I really sound as a person walking around my house sayn' 'Bitch pick this up'?"  Not good, I guess....

Hailie was crowned homecoming queen at her high school, she was accompanied by her mom while her dad watched from inside the school so as not to steal his daughter’s moment. Eminem saying, “I’m a father first, before anything else....I’m a father before I’m a rapper. So, you know, my daughter comes first no matter what. If there’s important things going on in her life that I need to be there for, then I’ll drop what I’m doing or reschedule it.”















0 comments: